Hitting the road for Spring Break? Whether you’re headed to Fort Lauderdale or South Padre Island, make sure that your car is in tip-top shape before you hit the road by reviewing our road trip tips below.
- Does your car need an oil change? Be sure to check the fluids and tire pressure. Need help? Swing by your local Sears Auto to have our mechanics give your car a once over.
- Take turns driving. Make sure that the driver is well caffeinated, awake, and alert. The person riding shotgun can help the driver stay awake by chatting or playing trivia games. Create a playlist with all of your favorite jams and sing along! Check out this list of “The 50 Essential Road Trip Songs” by Paste Magazine.
- Use GPS, Mapquest, or Google Maps to plan the route before you head out.
- Plan ahead. Estimate how much you’ll need to spend on gas by using a fuel cost estimator like this one on https://www.fueleconomy.gov/trip.
- Pack the important stuff: registration, insurance card, snacks, suntan lotion, car charger, H20, first aid kit, extra keys, jumper cables, flares, flashlight, etc. Need help? Sears has everything you need from car top carriers to emergency kits.